1. By using GreatestSportingNation.com you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of GreatestSportingNation.com. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to GreatestSportingNation.com.
2. Greatest Sporting Nation (‘GSN’) may change these terms from time to time and you should therefore check these terms regularly. Your continued use of GreatestSportingNation.com will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should stop using this website.
3. You agree to use GreatestSportingNation.com only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of GreatestSportingNation.com.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on GreatestSportingNation.com and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in GSN or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use GreatestSportingNation.com content in any way unless you comply with the terms of GSN’s Use of GSN Content licence
5. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with GSN you agree to grant to GSN a free of charge, non-exclusive, worldwide licence to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons). Copyright in your contribution will remain with you.
6. If you are contributing to GSN as a Sport or Country Editor then your contribution is covered by the terms of GSN’s Editor’s Contributions
7. In order that GSN can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory or offensive and does not infringe any UK or international laws, that you have the right to give GSN permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
8. If you do not want to grant GSN the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with GreatestSportingNation.com.
10. You agree to use GreatestSportingNation.com (including forums and message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all GreatestSportingNation.com pages, sites and services.
(i)About your posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content:unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- No spamming or off-topic material:no multiple submission of the same or very similar contributions. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising or promoting.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
(ii)Your GSN Account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
GSN reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy Internet Protocol addresses in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple GSN accounts or disrupts any of our services in any way.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) on GSN.
(iv) Legal requirements:
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature on GreatestSportingNation.com. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material to GreatestSportingNation.com with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to submit to or share with GreatestSportingNation.com only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of GSN or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you're under 16:
- Please get a parent's or guardian's permission before contributing to GreatestSportingNation.com or taking part in any GreatestSportingNation.com community activity.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
(vi) If you breach these Community Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules when contributing to GreatestSportingNation.com, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include any content posted by you being checked before being allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to contribute to, or participate in, any or all of GreatestSportingNation.com.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or anywhere on GreatestSportingNation.com or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on GreatestSportingNation.com, and GSN considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, GSN may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
GSN reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any GSN account, at any time, for any reason.
11. Some of the content contained on GreatestSportingNation.com is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of GSN. GSN is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on GreatestSportingNation.com or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through GreatestSportingNation.com. Any links to third party websites from GreatestSportingNation.com do not amount to any endorsement of that site by GSN and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
12. GreatestSportingNation.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to GSN, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, GSN excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. GSN does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by GSN is correct at the time of publication, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of GSN for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
13. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes GSN's liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, GSN shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of GreatestSportingNation.com regardless of the form of action.
14. GSN does not warrant that functions available on GreatestSportingNation.com will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that GreatestSportingNation.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
15. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
16. The failure or delay of GSN to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive GSN's right to enforce that right.
17. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.