Editors & Contributors
AGREEMENT WITH EDITORS AND CONTRIBUTORS
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
These terms and conditions ("Terms") cover all Content provided by you as a Sport or Country Editor and constitute an agreement between you ("You") and Greatest Sporting Nation ("GSN"). GSN reserves the right to alter or revise these Terms at any time, with the most recent version of the Terms being posted on GreatestSportingNation.com. It is Your responsibility to check for updates to the Terms.
- "Sport Editor": A Sport Editor is a person who is responsible for some or all of the content on the pages on GreatestSportingNation.com relating to a specific sport. For example, the Cycling Sport Editor is responsible for some or all of the content on the pages specifically about cycling.
- "Country Editor": A Country Editor is a person who is responsible for some or all of the content on a localised version of GreatestSportingNation.com. For example, the Italian Country Editor is responsible for the Italian version of GreatestSportingNation.com.
- "Editor": A Sport or Country Editor
- “Content” : all content including text, data, images, video and links that You provide to or place on GreatestSportingNation.com
- “Pages” : pages on GreatestSportingNation.com that are entirely or substantially created from Content
- “GreatestSportingNation.com” : the website at GreatestSportingNation.com and any other website owned by GSN
3. CONTRIBUTIONS FROM EDITORS
You may apply to become an Editor by contacting GSN at email@example.com.
Only adults (18 years and over) may become Editors. If you are accepted as an Editor then
- You are solely responsible for Your Content.
- You must have all the necessary rights, including (but not limited to) intellectual property rights regarding copyright, trademark, and trade secrets to Your Content. You must have permission to use third party content from the content owners.
4. RESTRICTIONS AND PROHIBITIONS ON USE
In providing Content to GreatestSportingNation.com You must abide by the following restrictions and prohibitions on use. You may not:
- Provide any Content that is pornographic, defamatory, libelous, tortuous, vulgar, obscene, invasive of privacy, racially or ethnically objectionable, hateful, promotes or provides instructional information about illegal activities, or promotes any act of cruelty to animals.
- Provide any Content that violates any UK or international laws. Your Content must comply with all laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Hack the GreatestSportingNation.com or modify any content that is not Your own.
- Link to any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- Link to pages or sites that are unrelated to the topic and content of Your Content.
- Remove, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any GSN Software or use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the GreatestSportingNation.com architecture.
- Provide Content that is in breach of any confidentiality or fiduciary obligation You may have.
- Attempt to automatically redirect GreatestSportingNation.com users to other domains
- Impersonate another Editor or any representative or employee of GSN.
- Disrupt the GSN Service or any servers by embedding code in Your Content or otherwise attacking the Service.
- Create Content for any illegal activities or to promote or make solicitations for any illegal or unauthorized activity.
- Spam any Editors or mass email any Editor in an automated fashion.
- Collect personal identifiable information about the users of Your Content and sell or transfer that information.
- Use any automatic or manual process to harvest email addresses or other information from GreatestSportingNation.com.
- Harass, threaten or intimidate Editors or others who use GreatestSportingNation.com.
- Provide Content that contains misleading tags and/or titles that don't match the Content’s content, including irrelevant/excessive tagging.
- Provide Content that is overtly promotional, including excessive linking to any one site or domain.
5. DISCONTINUATION OR MODIFICATION OF THE SERVICE
GSN reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, GreatestSportingNation.com or any portion thereof, without liability to You or any third party. In addition, GSN may, in its sole discretion, terminate Your password, account or use of or access to GreatestSportingNation.com and remove and delete any Content, for any reason.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND CONTENT OWNERSHIP
GreatestSportingNation.com and any necessary software used in connection with GreatestSportingNation.com ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Except as expressly authorized by GSN, You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the GreatestSportingNation.com or the Software, in whole or in part. In addition, the content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the GreatestSportingNation.com are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including, but not limited to, intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by You of any such matters or any part of the GreatestSportingNation.com, except as expressly allowed herein, is strictly prohibited.
As an Editor, You will be able to incorporate different types of content into Your Content. GSN does not claim ownership of Your Content. The Content will be owned by You or a third party from whom You obtained the relevant permission. However, by providing to, or placing Content on, GreatestSportingNation.com You grant GSN a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, display, modify, adapt and publish the Content on GreatestSportingNation.com.
You also grant GSN a worldwide, royalty-free license to translate or localize Your Content.
GSN may preserve and store Content, and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or if GSN believes in good faith that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas); (b) enforce these Terms; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of GSN, its users and the public.
The Editor, and not GSN, will be fully responsible for all Content that is uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available by the Editor. GSN cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. GSN does not pre-screen Content, but will have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content for any reason, including Content that may violate these Terms, or that is otherwise objectionable.
7. TRADEMARKS AND SERVICE MARKS
"GSN" and “GreatestSportingNation” are GSN’s trademarks. Other product and company names mentioned on the GreatestSportingNation.com may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Your Content and the GreatestSportingNation.com may include links to other sites or resources over which GSN has no control or responsibility. GSN does not monitor, investigate or check these sites for accuracy or completeness. As a result, GSN is not responsible for the content or advertising on such sites, products or other materials which they may provide, such sites' availability, or any damages caused or alleged to be caused in connection with such external websites.
9. EARNING MONEY THROUGH GSN VIA IMPRESSION SHARING
GSN offers You the ability to earn money from Your Content by sharing the Google Adsense revenue generated from Pages. Once You have provided GSN with Your Google Adsense affiliate ID, GSN will share the impressions generated from Your Pages with Google Adsense through that ID.
GSN will rotate Your Google Adsense ID into 50% of the impressions on the Pages You create. In order to share in the impressions, You must have a valid account with Google Adsense. These impression-sharing arrangements are provided subject generally to these Terms and in particular to the terms in this section. There may also be additional terms imposed by Google Adsense.
This percentage is reduced to 30% in respect of Pages that have been localised or translated (‘Localised Pages’).
The person responsible for the translation or localization of the Localised Pages will receive 20% of the impression generated by the Localised Pages subject to that person having provided GSN with their Google Adsense affiliate ID.
For the avoidance of doubt GSN will not share impressions on pages that include some of Your Content but which are not substantially or entirely created from Your Content. Examples of such pages would include pages that containing headlines or small excerpts from your Content.
GSN reserves the right to modify these impression percentage shares at any time.
10. IMPRESSION PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
As a GreatestSportingNation.com Editor, You agree to maintain compliance with the policies and eligibility requirements imposed by GSN, as well as those that may be imposed by third parties with whom You may engage in the course of Your participation in impression sharing services.
By registering with third parties that share ad revenue with users and inputting that information into the GreatestSportingNation.com, You hereby appoint GSN as Your exclusive agent to handle all such third party ad-sharing transactions as well as to input your ID into the pages you create.
It's possible that at some stage, in GSN's sole discretion, GSN may elect not to maintain the structure described in this document. GSN may, for example, decide to change the percentages or details of the impression sharing. If GSN does need to change any significant terms, GSN will notify You by email, if reasonably practicable, at least two weeks before any such change occurs. At that point, You will have the option of removing Your Content from GreatestSportingNation.com if You choose to stop working under the new structure.
The impression sharing is only for attributable impressions. These are impressions that occur directly on Your Pages. GSN splits the impressions based on a random rotation of Your ID and GSN's ID.
Third Party Account Earnings: As noted above, when You register for a third party ad revenue sharing service such as Google Adsense, and deliver your third party account information to GSN, GSN will connect to such third party account on Your behalf. Such third party will hold any revenues generated from the use of the third party services on Your Pages. Such third party will track all earnings and deliver all payments to You in accordance with Your agreement with such third party.
GSN does not track revenues associated with such third party accounts.
GSN integrates with certain third party programs but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of such integration or such third party's websites.
By using the impression services, You acknowledge and agree that GSN will not be responsible for, and will not be obligated in any manner to repay You for, any lost earnings.
12. NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of GreatestSportingNation.com, use of GreatestSportingNation.com, or access to the GreatestSportingNation.com, other than through the display and use of Your Pages.
You also agree not to enter into commercial arrangements with any third parties in respect of any of Your Content without GSN’s prior written approval.
THE GREATESTSPORTINGNATION.COM AND SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE", WITH "ALL FAULTS", AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE GREATESTSPORTINGNATION.COM AND SERVICE MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. GSN MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that GSN will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the use or the inability to use the Service or GreatestSportingNation.com, unauthorized access to or alteration of Your Pages, Content transmissions or data, statements or conduct of any third party on GreatestSportingNation.com, or any other matter relating to the GreatestSportingNation.com. GSN also will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Your failure to comply with the provisions of these Terms.
16. COPYRIGHTS AND COPYRIGHT AGENTS
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your content or other work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the GreatestSportingNation.com;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
Please send notice of claims of copyright infringement to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
17. GOVERNING LAW
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The failure of GSN to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.